Maidstone, Kent, England
KIMS Hospital is the first tertiary level Hospital in Kent, where we provide exceptional care for the people of Kent, in state of the art facilities for a variety of medical and surgical patients. Our specialities include major orthopaedic surgery, neurosurgery, cardiology and cardiac care, spinal surgery, gynaecology, breast care and cancer care.
As a Theatre Practitioner/ODP, your role will be to work as part of a team to ensure a high standard of clinical care and safety is delivered to patients within the theatre unit of the first private tertiary level hospital in Kent. This may include working as an anaesthetic, scrub or recovery practitioner assisting with a wide range of surgical specialities including: Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Plastics, Gynaecology, Urology and Cardiac. You will champion patient experience during the peri-operative phase and ensure consistently high standards of patient care, interaction and communication at all times.
Responsibilities will include however will not be limited to:
• Working as part of a team to ensure a high standard of clinical care and safety for patients within the theatre unit. This may include working as an anaesthetics, scrub or recovery practitioner, or flexibly across all disciplines.
• Communicating effectively with other departments e.g. Sterile Services, Wards, and Imaging Department to ensure effective and smooth running patient care.
• Ensuring the highest standards of infection prevention and control are carried out.
• Assessing patient care requirements, implementing care and evaluating outcomes.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a registered Practitioner (RN or ODP).
• Be proficient in providing assistance during a wide range of surgical lists
• Have ideally gained some previous experience as a Scrub, Recovery or Anaesthetics Practitioner in an acute hospital (NHS or independent)
• Possess exceptional communication skills
• Be able to work under pressure
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 1 Aug 2017
Closes 1 Sep 2017
Ref: Ref: 1190
This job was posted to: ODP