Head of Clinical Psychology
Stowmarket, Suffolk, England
I am currently working on behalf of well-known disability and community engagement charity that is seeking to appoint a Head of Clinical Psychology within their Community Neurorehabilitation Service, with an established reputation.
The service provides a specialised rehabilitation service for adults with acquired brain injury and strokes. The role will be part of an established multi-disciplinary team at the service which provides treatment and advice, including physiotherapy, speech and language therapy and occupational therapy.
The main responsibilities include:
* Leading the Clinical Psychology department and contributing to service development
* Providing comprehensive clinical psychological and neuropsychological assessment of patients
* Designing and implementing individual behaviour modification and neuro-rehabilitation programmes
* Maintain records and clinical notes in line with company policy and British Psychological Society (BPS) guideline
* Ensuring the provision of clinical and professional PRP and supervisions of qualified and unqualified psychologists and counsellors
* Providing evidence based neuropsychological treatments e.g. cognitive and behavioural
The key skills and experience required include:
* Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, accredited by the BPS
* Experience of working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist, normally within services for people with Mental Health Disorders
* An ability to interpret and integrate complex psychological data
* Knowledge of legislation and its implication for both clinical practice and professional management in relation to the client group and mental health
* Strong interpersonal qualities of teamwork and communication are essential as is evidence of a commitment to training and professional development.
* Ideally the successful candidate will have worked in a neuropsychological assessment and rehabilitation service with previous experience of delivery and development of clinical services for clients.
Salary - £46K - 60k
Our client will also consider a suitable applicant on a part time basis, the salary would be Pro rata as a result.
?As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
- £ 46000 - 60000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 17 Jul 2017
Closes 16 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Psychology