Occupational Therapist -NHS Acute
Wandsworth, London, Greater London, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Priory Healthcare is the UK's leading provider of behavioural care. We have an outstanding reputation both for the service we deliver and for the investment we make in our people and in our environment.
The facility has been a hospital since 1867 and has established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care. For people suffering from mild to moderate mental health issues, such as stress and anxiety, the hospital provides a range of outpatient based therapy services such as individual and group based CBT. We also provide in patient services for CAMHS, CAMHS ED, Adult ED, addictions and General Psychiatry.
This stunning location houses the flagship of the Priory Hospitals Group and the staff are committed to living up to the reputation.
Offering calming and recovery focused residential treatment for up to 13 NHS patients, personalised treatment programmes are delivered by our multidisciplinary team alongside the use of a range of therapies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our dynamic and enthusiastic team. We are looking for someone with experience working with this client group both individually and in groups with a range of complex presentations in an inpatient setting.
Applicants will be required to:
* Provide consultation and assistance to the lead psychologist regarding the therapeutic programme on the unit
* Engage the patients on the unit in helpful, therapeutic and meaningful activity.
* Manage and co-ordinate individual treatment plans for occupational therapy and activities
* Provide 1:1 OT assessment and treatment
* Ensure effective and efficient management of more junior staff.
* Develop close working relationships with professional and clinical colleagues ensuring clinical practice is in line with Priory policies and procedures and complies with statutory regulations and quality standards specifically regarding risk assessment.
* Demonstrate a robust ability to work in a high intensity/risk environment
* Provide excellent oral and written communication and possess exceptional organisational skills
However a newly qualified individual with previous work experience may also fulfil the criteria.
What we would like from you:
* BSc in Occupational Therapy
* HCPC registered
* Experience in working with a specific therapy modality (such as CBT, DBT etc.) would be an advantage
* Proven experience in mental health and knowledge of the Mental Health Act
* Patient centric & commitment to delivering high quality care
* Fine tuned decision making skills
* Excellent organisational capability
* Effective communication skills
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 17 Jul 2017
Closes 16 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist