We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Technologist - Simulation.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Simulation Technologist serves as a technical expert who is able to set up, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and in some cases repair simulation equipment, hospital-type equipment used in simulation activities, and AV/IT equipment used in simulation activities. The Simulation Technologists also instructs and assists simulation educators/faculty and learners in the use of technical equipment used in simulation. In addition assists in operational activities such as staff and maintenance scheduling, and inventory/purchasing functions. The Simulation Technologist is familiar with the various modalities of simulation education and has a good grasp of simulation educational principles; thus is able to assist in the development, setup, and delivery, and takedown of simulation education sessions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists instructors in selecting appropriate modality of simulation to meet learning objectives and which is appropriate to selected learners - manikin, part task trainer, SP, etc.
- Advises instructors during the design and running of scenarios.
- Assists with other staff from the simulation team to develop training programs and clinical scenarios. Involved with scenario planning and design and can give advice on the integrity of the scenario by contributing to testing.
- Maintains stock levels to meet maintenance needs.
- Monitors stocks and disposables including parts and plant, appropriate to the workload.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of equipment, supplies, and materials required for simulation-based sessions.
- Maintains systems, staff availability and scheduling, and equipment to a high standard.
- Ensures compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements in Qatar, health and safety regulations/guidelines, and the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) and other simulation center accreditation requirements.
- Actively involved in implementing quality improvement programs using simulation to promote Sidra standards and policies.
- Sets up and uses functionality of equipment as appropriate for the requirements of each simulation activity and overall activities of the center.
- Maintains storage areas to a high standard; selects appropriate storage areas for equipment.
- Maintains the clinical and educational equipment to a high standard including cleaning and basic maintenance.
- Attends vendor training sessions, conferences, etc. for training on simulation, hospital, and AV/IT equipment.
- Operates and is able to troubleshoot hospital equipment used in the simulation/in situ environment (beds, pumps, ventilators, etc.).
- Controls, programs, maintains, and troubleshoots patient simulators (voice and physiological
- parameters) during scenario-based training sessions, open days, and demonstrations.
- Demonstrates the operation of the equipment to educators and teaches other users.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical or clinical field
- 2+ years' experience as a technician-technologist in a simulation center, hospital, or related technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot simulation, hospital, and IT/AV equipment and software used in a clinical education environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Jul 2017
Closes 11 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography, Sonography