Registered Dietitian I
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Registered Dietitian I.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
Under the supervision of the Registered Dietitian Supervisor, the Registered Dietitian I is responsible for competently providing safe and effective clinical nutrition care to Women and Children within the Sidra Medical and Research Center. The Post holder assesses clinical nutrition needs, plans, implements and evaluates therapy programs working autonomously. The Registered Dietitian I works in collaboration with other members of the health care team and strives to provide evidence-based care by integrating research with practice. Promotes continuous improvement and helps to generate innovative ideas within clinical nutrition practice. Maintains a commitment to life-long learning and creates, utilizes and/or disseminates new knowledge to patients and their families, the public and professionals internal /external health professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the provision of individualized patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence based practices.
- Assumes delegated accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care needs as well as discharge planning for each patient, assessing for current and potential problems.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal. Works in collaboration with Care Coordination to achieve goals.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Identifies and alerts members of the medical team to changes in medical status of the patient.
- Identifies impairments and refer to other medical specialties when necessary.
- Liaises with the appropriate clinical nutrition services in the community and provides transfer/discharge information.
- Participates in the education of the patient/family and other members of the health care team regarding the clinical nutrition plan.
- Provides consultation to patients/families, staff, community agencies and satellite centers as required by the Supervisor - Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Participates in community outreach activities e.g. school-based therapy, home care.
- Identifies clinical nutrition research opportunities and participates in and/or develop and promotes research.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to Clinical utrition Supervisor or designee.
- Act as an advocate by empowering women/children and their families to make informed choices by providing them with information and support and directing to the relevant support services when appropriate.
- Promotes patient satisfaction as a team member by demonstration of extraordinary service.
- Utilizing a professional practice framework and evidence based care, identify improvements while minimizing risks creating care that is optimal for our patients and families.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to Clinical nutrition Supervisor. Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics or equivalent
- 2 years relevant clinical experience
- Current Dietetic License from country of origin
- Demonstrated knowledge of Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate knowledge and skills into practice
- Demonstrated ability to teach, assess and develop educational materials for staff and patients
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Jul 2017
Closes 11 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Dietician