Clinical Pharmacist - Ambulatory Services
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Pharmacist - Ambulatory Services.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Clinical Pharmacist - Inpatient/Ambulatory Services is an integral part of the medical team. The incumbent will participate in medical rounds, assist the multi-disciplinary team to select the most cost-effective evidence-based treatment for the patients, perform paediatric dosing based on Pharmacokinetic parameters, manage Narrow Therapeutic Index drugs by using lab values to calculate and predict desired drug levels and participate in discharge planning and medication reconciliation. Full job description available upon request.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Assesses the status of the patient's health problems and determines whether the prescribed medications are optimally meeting the patient's needs and goals of care.
- Fully integrates her/his specialized knowledge of the scientific and clinical use of medications
- Utilizes professional expertise to provide patients with customized treatment strategies to best meet individual patient needs.
- Provides medication information to healthcare professionals, including but not limited to Prescribers and Nurses.
- Performs Drug-Drug, Drug-Lab, Drug Food and Drug-Disease Monitoring and offers alternatives when applicable.
- Assists in the ordering of total parenteral nutrition by being part of the Total Parentral Nutrition (TPN) team, as per the needs of her/his assigned care center within hospital.
- Demonstrates proficiency in aseptic technique during the preparation of sterile pharmaceutical products.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of departmental equipment and software where applicable for assigned duties.
- Has (or will obtain) certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and/or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), and trains with code team and attends code situations, as required by assigned care center(s).
- Provides patients with thorough medication counseling, including how to best take his or her medications.
- Monitors and reports adverse drug reactions.
- Adheres to policies and procedures relating to Medication Safety, and provides suggestions for increasing it.
- Supports and participates in the goals of the organization's quality improvement, risk management, and patient safety programs
- Contributes to the achievement of goals of the department through personal effort and influence over others.
- Verifies medication orders for accuracy and clinical appropriateness, checks medications prepared by Pharmacy Technicians for accuracy prior to dispensing and notifies appropriate persons if changes are required.
- Provides accurate shift-to-shift communication regarding unsolved situations requiring future action.
- Provides professional, courteous customer service to all customer types (patients/family, Nursing, Medical Staff, others).
- Sits on committees as required to provide recommendations pertaining to medication use and processes
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) from an ACPE / or equivalent accredited School of Pharmacy or Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy (PGDipClinicPharm)
- 3+ years' experience* as a licensed/registered clinical Pharmacist in a Hospital in North America or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
* Experience can be pre or post PharmD qualification
**Pharmacy internship period is not counted in the experience
- Licensed in Pharmacy in country of origin
- Obtain State of Qatar Pharmacy License after on boarding
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Jul 2017
Closes 11 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacist