Services Director- Secure Directorate
Royston, Hertfordshire, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Kneesworth House is a 155 bed mental health hospital situated in Hertfordshire (on the borders of Cambridgeshire) with good commuting access to / from London. The hospital has a full pathway of care including medium, low secure, locked rehabilitation and open recovery wards situated across the site.
Key duties of our Secure Services Director role:
* To be an active member of the Senior Management Team, to undertake day to day responsibilities for the management of a Secure Service Directorate consisting of 83 beds
* Liaise closely with the Medical Director, Psychology, Social Work and OT leads to deliver and sustain a well established secure service across the hospital site.
* Manage agreed services, in particular ensuring that nursing care is practiced at a high standard by all nursing staff at all times.
* To ensure that nursing staff are effectively supervised, deployed and engaged at all times. Ensuring that direct supervision and support is provided to staff when required.
* Delegate responsibility and authority to Ward Managers when it is appropriate and to be able to monitor Ward Managers to be competent and able to carry out delegated tasks.
* To ensure that the nursing practice is implemented using the Hospital policies, procedures and Key Performance Indicators.
* To have active oversight and management responsibility for ensuring contractual and CQC compliance are achieved within secure services
* Ensure that records are kept effectively accurately and efficiently whilst working closely with the Hospital Director.
* Be responsible for effectively managing a budget with delegated authority.
* Be responsible for the recruitment and retention of staff under the direction of the Hospital Director.
* Utilise systems of leadership and management in order to maximise staff motivation
To be successful as a Secure Services Director, you will need:
* To preferably be a Registered Nurse or hold another Health Care Profession certificate e.g. OT, however candidates with management experience will be considered.
* A management qualification would be desireable.
* To be assertive
* To be a creative problem solver
* To be a good Team player
* To have good time management
* To be committed to your own professional development
* To be experienced in staff management
* To have xperience of budget management
* To be flexible with participating in the 'On Call' out of hours system
* To be a seasoned leader with significant operational experience of working across multi-unit facilities ideally within the private Healthcare environment.
* To have a demonstrable and successful track record of operating at a senior level with extensive managerial experience and thorough understanding of planning, commissioning and developing services for healthcare.
* To have a good working knowledge of CQC standards
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
* 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
* A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
* Private Medical Insurance Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Free meals while on duty
* Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
* Continuous learning and development
* Childcare vouchers
* Career development
* Personal health insurance
* Voluntary Benefits
Please note we may close this vacancy before the closing date if we find the right candidate.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 14 Jul 2017
Closes 13 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Health care administration