Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist is a key member of the Pharmacy clinical care team. The incumbent leads a team of Clinical Pharmacists to provide highly specialized and complex Clinical Pharmacy services on a daily basis in a specialty clinical area, or various clinical areas, as determined by hospital needs. He/She is responsible for the creation and maintenance of clinical protocols and services in his/her designated specialty area. The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist acts as a drug information and education resource for patients, students, colleagues, Medical and Nursing staff, and other healthcare professionals. He/She serves as a facilitator, enabler and mentor for the Pharmacists on his/her team, but also provides mentorship for other Pharmacy staff, students and residents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads a team of Clinical Pharmacists to provide highly specialized and complex Clinical Pharmacy services on a daily basis in a specialty clinical area, or various clinical areas, as determined by hospital needs.
- Provides mentorship for Pharmacy staff, students and residents.
- Prepares an effective Professional Development Plan (PDP) for each direct report.
- Provides regular performance feedback to employees and assists them in progressing along development continuum.
- Empowers, stimulates, encourages and supports staff to work towards departmental goals.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of clinical protocols and services in designated specialty area including (but not limited to) Pharmacokinetics consultations, medication history/reconciliation, antimicrobial stewardship and Medication Use Evaluation (MUE).
- Provides drug information and serves as an education resource for patients, students, colleagues, Medical and Nursing staff, and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensures that the clinical competency of his/her team is maintained at an exceptionally high level.
- Provides in-service education to Pharmacy and non-Pharmacy personnel.
- Participates in the teaching and precepting of Pharmacy students and residents.
- Adheres to policies and procedures relating to Medication Safety, and provides suggestions for increasing it.
- Supports and participates in the goals of the organization's quality improvement, risk management, and patient safety programs to include (but not limited to) National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures, and other medication-related Joint Commission International (JCI) initiatives.
- Doctor of Phamacy (Pharm.D) from an ACPE / or equivalent accredited School of Pharmacy with Residency, or Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) certification in field of practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy (PGDipClinicPharm)
- 3+ years' Clinical Pharmacist experience in a Hospital in North America or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand, after completion of PharmD and Residency program
- 6+ years' Clinical Pharmacist experience in a Hospital in North America or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand, after completion of Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy (PGDipClinicPharm) [and no Residency program].
- Licensed in Pharmacy in country of origin
- Obtain State of Qatar Pharmacy License after on boarding
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jul 2017
Closes 10 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmaceutical