We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for Audiologists.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Audiologist provides highly specialized autonomous patient care and is involved in the prevention, identification, assessment, and rehabilitation of auditory function, balance, and related systems incorporating the principles of family centred care. The overall goal of the service is to optimize and enhance the ability of an individual to hear in order to restore communication function. The Audiologist works in collaboration with other members of the health care team and strives to provide evidence-based care by integrating research with practice. He/she promotes continuous improvement and helps to generate innovative ideas within audiology and maintains a commitment to life-long learning. He/she ensures comprehensive analysis, integration and interpretation of test battery results to formulate and implement appropriate audiology management care plans.
- Performs a range of test measures including otoscopy, immittance, word recognition, oto-acoustic emission recordings, electrophysiological tests, including electrocochleography (ECochG), auditory steady state response (ASSR), auditory evoked early, middle and late latency responses and event related potentials
- Independently selects, performs and interprets developmentally appropriate behavioural tests including test technique modifications for clients with complex needs
- Ensures comprehensive assessment and management of ototoxicity, auditory processing disorders, vestibular and balance impairments and noise induced hearing loss including advice on strategies for hearing conservation and provision of ear protection devices
- Ensures timely management of a newly identified hearing loss to minimize the impact on education, psychosocial and speech-language development
A full job description is available upon request.
- Master's Degree from an accredited program in Audiology
- 5+ years of relevant clinical experience
- Work experience in an acute paediatric North American academic medical centre or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Experience with Joint Commission Accreditation or Joint Commission International Accreditation
- Licensure or Registration from country of origin if applicable
- Holder of Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-A) in Audiology from a program accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or from an internationally recognized accredited professional organization from country of origin
- Eligible for licensure in Qatar after onboarding.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Ability to problem solve
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Doctoral Degree from an accredited program in Audiology
- Formal process improvement training (Lean or Six Sigma)
- Primary research experience
- Familiarity with Middle Eastern standards and work experience within the region
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jul 2017
Closes 10 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Audiology