Technician - Physical Therapy
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Technician - Physical Therapy.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Technician - Physical Therapy assumes responsibility for direct and indirect patient care activities as delegated and/ or supervised by the Supervisor - Physical Therapy. As an active member of the patient care team, the Technician assists the therapist with patient preparation, treatment and education as appropriate, incorporating principles of family-centered care. The incumbent is responsible for preparing therapy materials, reporting on therapy outcomes, performing routine maintenance on clinical equipment, and working with a licensed therapist to adjust therapy goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with patients, families and members of the health care team
- Under the clinical supervision of the Therapist, the Technician administers programs developed by the Physical Therapist to individual patients, or groups of patients (e.g. ROM exercises, gait training, balance and endurance training, developmental programs, ADL programs)
- Assists in assessment, diagnosis and management of a range of Physical problems resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing under the supervision of Physical Therapist
- Assists in implementing treatment programs to improve patient movement and function by developing or restoring body systems (in particular the neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory systems), using various exercise therapies, massage, manipulation, electro and/ or hydro therapy, and the applications of technological equipment such as ultrasound
- Assists with the preparation of a patient for therapy session, including equipment preparation
- Documents treatment provided and reports back to supervising therapist
- Monitors and reports any change or adverse reaction to treatment or prescribed program plan. Reports any identified risks/ safety issues to therapist
- Provides and reinforces patient and/ or family education regarding prescribed therapy programs or equipment under the direction of supervising therapist
- Responds to patient needs during therapy sessions and provides encouragement or cease treatment as appropriate
- Assists therapist with the on-going identification of patient needs
- Assists with departmental operations such as scheduling, maintaining orderly work and supply area, which includes organizing and storing equipment and supplies, etc.
- Participates in regularly scheduled maintenance and cleaning of equipment, reporting any equipment or safety concerns immediately, completing work orders for equipment repairs as necessary
- Documents accurate workload statistics
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Diploma in Therapy or relevant field associated within Healthcare
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role of Physical Therapy Technician
- Valid registration/ clinical license as a Physical Therapy Technician in Country of Origin
- Eligible for license in Qatar after onboarding
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in stressful situation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be flexible
- Excellent communication abilities
- Active listening skills
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Critical thinking ability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jul 2017
Closes 10 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy