Clinical Staff Pharmacist - Inpatient Services
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Staff Pharmacist - Inpatient Services.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client in July 2017. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Clinical Staff Pharmacist-Inpatient Services provides pharmaceutical services to the hospital's inpatients through optimising the use of pharmaceuticals, and collaborating with healthcare professionals throughout the organisation to provide the highest quality of patient care. She/He proactively intervenes to optimise each patient's therapy and documents the outcome of the intervention, provides accurate drug information, ensures that pharmaceutical products and services are provided in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner and ensures compliance with current medication management standards. The Clinical Staff Pharmacist is centralised in the Inpatient Pharmacy or in one of the Satellite Pharmacies throughout the hospital.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Checks and verifies that medication reconciliation is completed on admission and discharge.
- Reviews patients' medication orders for efficacy and safety, and makes recommendations to providers Prescriber if changes are required.
- Provides drug information to healthcare professionals, including but not limited to prescribers and nurses.
- Performs therapeutic drug level monitoring and makes adjustments for ensuring patient safety.
- Consults with peers and supervisors when assistance is n needed in choosing the most appropriate drug therapy.
- Participates in drug use evaluation and drug protocol management.
- Assesses the status of the patient's health problems and determines whether the prescribed medications are optimally meeting the patient's needs and goals of care.
- Performs Drug-Drug, Drug-Lab, Drug Food and Drug-Disease Monitoring and offers alternatives when applicable.
- Provides in-service education to Pharmacy and non-Pharmacy personnel.
- Mentors pharmacy students and pharmacy residents.
- Participates in the orientation and training of Pharmacy students, residents and newly hired Pharmacists and Technicians.
- Communicates effectively with healthcare professionals, patients and family members where appropriate.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the compounding of extemporaneous preparations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in aseptic technique during the preparation of sterile pharmaceutical products.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of departmental equipment and software where applicable for assigned duties.
- Has (or will obtain) certification in Basic Life Support (BLS
A full Job Description is available upon request.
- BSc - Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy/BPharm or M.Sc., Master of Science in Pharmacy/MPharm
- All degrees must have been obtained from an ACPE accredited college of Pharmacy or equivalent.
- 3+ years' experience as a licensed/registered Clinical Staff Pharmacist after graduation from primary degree in a recognized pediatric/women's hospital in North America or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- 5+ years' experience as a licensed/registered Clinical Staff Pharmacist after graduation from primary degree in a recognized pediatric/women's hospital in Middle East or GCC or 3+ years of experience after graduating with PharmD
- +0 years of experience as a recent graduate of Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Program at Qatar University
- Licensed in Pharmacy in country of origin
- Obtain State of Qatar Pharmacy License after on boarding.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jul 2017
Closes 10 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacist