King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
BMI Sandringham Hospital in Kings Lynn is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Imaging Lead to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Supervisory experience within a multi-modality imaging department
* Able to support and develop staff to deliver business
* Able to energise, shape and direct a team to maximise motivation.
* Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography
* Knowledge of the healthcare service sector and the systems and processes used.
* A wide general radiographic background with expertise in one or more specialised area
* Aware of College of Radiographers and HPC Code of Conduct / Accountability.
* Knowledge of Radiation Regulations
* Anticipates, manages and monitors risks and deliverables and techniques, including interviewing, conducting performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes.
* Good financial awareness and control.
* IT familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
* Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
* To provide strong professional clinical leadership to the Diagnostic Imaging Services in the hospital
* Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
* Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
* Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
* Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
* Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
* To ensure that a high quality clinical Diagnostic Imaging service is delivered that meet the needs of all customers and the business.
* To liaise and maintain ongoing dialogue with Consultant Radiologists on all clinical aspects of imaging service delivery
* To ensure effective use of staff in service delivery
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 13 Jul 2017
Closes 10 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography