Occupational Therapist II
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Occupational Therapist II.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Occupational Therapist II is responsible for competently providing safe and effective Occupational Therapy care to Women and Children within the Sidra Medical and Research Center. The post holder assesses occupational therapy needs, plans, and implements and evaluates therapy programs working autonomously with minimal supervision. The Occupational Therapist II works in collaboration with other members of the health care team and strives to provide evidence-based care by integrating research with practice. Promotes continuous improvement and helps to generate innovative ideas within occupational therapy practice. Maintains a commitment to life-long learning and creates, utilizes and/or disseminates new knowledge to patients and their families, the public and other professionals internal/ external health professionals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides total individualized patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence based practices
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating therapy needs as well as discharge planning for each patient, assessing for current and potential problems
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal. Works in collaboration with Care Coordination to achieve goals
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner
- Identifies and alerts members of the medical team to changes in medical status of the patient
- Identifies impairments and refers to other medical specialties when necessary
- Liaises with the appropriate occupational therapy services in the community and provides transfer/ discharge information
- Educates the patient/family and other members of the health care team regarding the occupational therapy plan
- Identifies occupational therapy research opportunities and participates in research
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to Occupational Therapy Supervisor or designee
- Acts as an advocate by empowering women/children and their families to make informed choices by providing them with information and support and directing to the relevant support services when appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy
- 5+ years clinical experience
- 2+ years clinical experience in specialty area in an acute hospital setting
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist and Licensure in country of origin
- Demonstrated knowledge of Occupational Therapy principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate knowledge and skills into practice
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jul 2017
Closes 10 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist