Senior Occupational Therapist (Band 6)
Dorking, Surrey, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Pelham Woods is a 21 bed inpatient rehabilitation service which serves the needs of women who have complex mental health problems and a history of challenging behaviour.
Pelham Woods is set in picturesque grounds overlooking the Surrey Hills and has extensive facilities including onsite Gym, Purpose Built Bake off Kitchen as well as Occupational and Educational Facilities.
Our Band 6 Senior Occupational Therapist role involves:
* Managing a caseload of residents with complex needs, using evidence-based and patient-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
* Providing leadership for junior staff and therapy assistants through supervision and appraisal
* Participating in the planning, development and evaluation of occupational therapy services within a designated area/team, leading on delegated projects in consultation with OT Lead
* Contributing to the maintenance and development of the Occupational Therapy Service at Pelham Woods Hospital
* Leading on the therapeutic timetable for the ward, responding quickly to changing needs
* Working as part of an MDT
* Establishing and maintaining effective communication networks with residents and carers, team members, occupational therapy colleagues and supporting agencies
* Working as a member of the inter-professional team, attending meetings and contributing to decisions with regard to the care and treatment of residents
* Promoting awareness of the role of occupational therapy within the team, negotiating priorities where appropriate
* Maintaining up to date clinical notes, occupational therapy team statistics and all other relevant paperwork
* Providing specialist occupational therapy reports on a regular basis in line with professional guidance and relevant clinical pathways.
* Ensuring residents have access to their therapeutic timetable
* Providing effective guidance, supervision and development review for junior staff, therapy assistants and students
* Contributing to the induction and training of students and other staff
* Participating in the planning and delivery of service developments and leading on designated projects with senior support
* Contributing to relevant professional and service development meetings
* Actively encouraging residents' involvement in service development
* Contributing to the clinical governance and quality agenda, including the setting and monitoring of practice standards
* Demonstrating an understanding of national guidelines and legislation relating to health and social care and applying in clinical practice
* Participating in Occupational Therapy department meetings, offering input in the management and plans for the future development of the Occupational Therapy service
* Co-ordinating the day to day activities of junior staff and assistants
* Participating in general administrative and co-ordination tasks as required for the smooth running of the service.
To be successful as a Senior Occupational Therapist, you'll need:
* Dip COT or degree in Occupational Therapy
* Registration with the HCPC
* To comply with the COT Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and national and local procedures
* Previous experience of working in a mental health setting
* Experience of working in secure setting is desirable
* Ability to maintain MVA training
Some of the benefits we offer our Occupational Therapy Assistants are:
* Free onsite meals and free onsite parking
* Private Medical Cover and Life Assurance
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* 25 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
* Career Development and continuous learning and development
* Voluntary benefits including childcare vouchers and car leasing
* Employee Assistance Service
* Full Extensive Training Induction plus opportunities to do further training while in the role.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing mode
- £ 29877 - 29877 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jul 2017
Closes 12 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist