Consultant in Acute Medicine
Bristol, City of Bristol, EnglandConsultant in Acute Medicine. Based in the Yorkshire in one of the leading trusts. with a salary of £76,761 to £103,409
The key duties and responsibilities of the individuals appointed to the posts will be to:
- Lead the medical team and the care of patients under their care
- Lead the care of 10-14 medical inpatients on a General Internal Medicine/ Specialty ward.
- Develop standards, procedures and systems to ensure safe, high quality and efficient patient care from the point of entry to admission or discharge.
- Work within the multidisciplinary team to ensure effective team working in the provision of acute medical care to patients on a day-to-day basis
- Develop clinical guidelines to ensure best practice for the management of a wide range of geriatric medical conditions.
- Liaise closely within the department, the emergency and acute medical teams, other in-patient teams and primary and community services to ensure collaborative working arrangements are in place which maximise benefits to patient care
- Teach and train junior doctors and students.
- Become a qualified educational supervisor and work as Clinical and/or Educational Supervisor to a number of trainees dependant on job plan.
- To teach and train staff in other medical disciplines, nursing and support staff as appropriate
- To promote Acute and General Medicine as a Specialty both within the Trust and externally.
- GMC registered or in the process of applying.
- Entry on the Specialist Register or CCT in General Internal Medicine or Acute Internal Medicine within 6 months of the interview date MRCP or equivalent is desirable not essential
The trust is based in Bristol with great transport links to the rest of the UK, Its own international airport. Bristol is a nice area for families or doctors moving on their own and was voted the best place to live in the UK 2017. The South West has lots of opportunities for doctors returning for further training or doctor coming to the UK for the first time.
Working with HCL is a great place to find your perfect career path in the UK as all our consultants are trained to follow our five values, Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration, Sustainability and Innovation. This means we will help you along the whole journey from giving the best advice when applying for your visa, GMC and relocation and with finding your the perfect hospital to work in.
Please apply for this role by contacting Sarah Wilkinson on Applyext 5313 or simply by pressing apply.
- £ 76761 - 103409 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 11 Jul 2017
Closes 8 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor