Senior Specialist Oncology and Haematology Pharmacist
London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) - part of the UK branch of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA Healthcare UK) - is a centre of excellence in private cancer care in London working alongside the most eminent Oncologists and Haematologists. LOC outpatient oncology and haematology clinics are spread between London's prestigious Harley Street and the Platinum Medical Centre in St Johns Wood. Due to our continued success, we are expanding and will soon open a state-of-the-art Outpatient Cancer Clinic in Chelsea. After a recent restructuring of our pharmacy department, a Senior Specialist Oncology & Haematology Pharmacist position has become available within our expanding Pharmacy team.
- To ensure all services provided encompass the principles of best practice, are in accordance with national guidelines and, as far as possible, reflect the needs of the prescribers.
- To assist the Lead Pharmacists in the daily running of all areas of the pharmacy department, including designated time in the aseptic unit, dispensary, outpatients discharge, clinical verification of SACT, e-Prescribing & Protocols and clinical audit.
- To train, supervise and contribute to the continued learning of the Specialist Oncology & Haematology Pharmacists (NHS band 7 - equivalent) Carry out validations of aseptic products on the gravimetric manufacturing software solution and dispensary items on the dispensing software in the absence of the lead pharmacists.
- To be responsible for the clinical verification of electronic orders of parenteral and oral SACT alongside the resident medical officer team and nurses adopting a multidisciplinary approach in a safe, accurate and effective manner.
- To supervise the medicines management team in providing a safe and efficient medicines optimisation service.
Skills & experience
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council Additional post graduate clinical qualifications e.g. Certificate (or working towards).
- Clinical Pharmacy in Pharmacy Practice. Previous hospital pharmacy experience, including technical, dispensary and clinical services preferably in oncology is desirable.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Jul 2017
Closes 8 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacist