Lancaster, Lancashire, EnglandMICROBIOLOGY CONSULTANT
Location: Lancashire - North West
Salary: £80.000 - £104.000
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Microbiology Consultant. If you are looking for the next step in your career or if you are an international doctor looking for your first post in the UK this could be the opportunity for you!
The post is based in the attractive historic city of Lancaster. There is a vibrant cultural life in the city, in part the result of being a university city. There are strong academic links between the Trust and Lancaster University. Road and rail communications to the rest of England, Scotland and Wales are good and there is a regular ferry to the Isle of Man. Manchester is one hour's drive away and London 2.5 hours by train.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Microbiologist Consultant. You have skills in management. You will provide a high quality service that will maintain excellent patient care.
Detailed Clinical duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day supervision of diagnostic methods and examination of specimens
- Participation in departmental audits.
- Participation in laboratory-based research - advising and supervising research projects undertaken by trainees, and by biomedical scientists working for higher qualifications.
- Participation in maintaining full accreditation of the laboratory by ISO.
- Business planning, including the assessment and introduction of new methods, and forward planning for staff and equipment requirements working with Laboratory Manager.
- Liaison with clinicians, hospital staff and GP’s concerning the diagnosis and management of patients and prevention of infection.
- Regular visits to Intensive Care Unit (daily when on-site). CDI ward round; Antimicrobial ward round on medical assessment units and acute medical wards on dedicated units
- Undertaking monthly audit on microbiology results, leading of Antimicrobial Audit; participation in multidisciplinary clinical audits, The Microbiologists attend the North West Microbiology Audit Group Meetings.
- Attendance at the PCT ICC and PHE meetings as described above (shared with colleagues).
- Membership of the antibiotic subgroup of the Trust Drugs and Therapeutics Committee.
The hospitals are capable of sponsoring for a tier 2 Visa if required and will fund it, Relocation package may be negotiated.
For more information and the full job description please feel free to contact me Niall Horner via email or telephone below or simply apply.
Apply Apply Apply
Alternatively if you know of any Doctors that wish to come and work in the UK and have a GMC registration or working towards please pass on my details and refer them. You will receive a £250 reward once the doctor has successfully passed their probation.
- £ 80000 - 104000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 7 Jul 2017
Closes 4 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor