Occupational Therapist - Adolescent
Southampton, Hampshire, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
The Priory Hospital, Southampton, is a 40 bedded hospital, providing acute mental health services to both Adolescents and adults. We provide treatment packages for people who have mental health problems with most psychiatric conditions, addictions and eating disorders.
The candidate will be required to:
* To support with establishing an OT service within the Adolescent Mental Health Unit at Marchwood Hospital.
* Provide consultation and assistance to the therapy team regarding the therapeutic programme on the unit
* Engage the young people on the unit in helpful, therapeutic and meaningful activity.
* Manage and co-ordinate individual treatment plans for occupational therapy and activities
* Provide 1:1 OT assessment and treatment
* Ensure effective and efficient management of more junior staff.
* Develop close working relationships with professional and clinical colleagues ensuring clinical practice is in line with Priory policies and procedures and complies with statutory regulations and quality standards specifically regarding risk assessment.
* Demonstrate a robust ability to work in a high intensity/risk environment Provide excellent oral and written communication and possess exceptional organisational skills.
Knowledge & Skills
* Practical experience of working with reference to an OT model of practice such as the Model Of Human Occupation
* Knowledge of group dynamics and managing these within a hospital environment
* Awareness of the need to and skills in being able to adapt interventions and groups for those of varying functional abilities and needs
* Functional assessment skills to aid with intervention planning which supports patients in preparation for a successful discharge back into the community
* BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy together with full BAOT membership and HPC registration is required and previous experience would be preferred. Experience in working within a Mental Health setting would be an advantage.
* Working within Adolescent Mental Health services
* Development and running of therapeutic groups
* Communicating with external services such as CMHTs, care providers, families and carers
Autonomy and Impact
* Must be able to manage time effectively
* Must be flexible around the needs of the patients and hospital
If you are an enthusiastic, authentic and motivated then this could be the exciting and challenging role for you. The successful candidate will be required to be flexible in their working hours with some weekend and evening hours as part of their rota.
What we'd like to give you:
* A competitive salary
* Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
* Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
* Online benefits and cashback rewards
* Cycle to work scheme
* Just Drive scheme
* SMART Childcare Vouchers
* SMART Pension option
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 19 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist