Chichester, West Sussex, England
BMI Goring Hall Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Consulting Suite.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Appropriate interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
* Key skills: Numerate, literate and IT literate
* Awareness of own limitations
* Experience of work in a care setting
* Evidence of ability to study at / or attainment of NVQ level 1 in healthcare
Duties of this role include:
* To assist in the provision of quality care for patients during their outpatient treatment and consultation under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner and within the limits of training and assessed competencies
* To support the organisation of care provision within the Department
* Assist in the delivery of patient care.
* Plan and prepare a suitable care environment.
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge with support of registered practitioners.
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Support the care team to deliver co-ordinated care.
* Deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual.
* Demonstrate compassion through appropriate relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
* Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving technical skill.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
* Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
* Demonstrate Commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 16000 - 17500 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 17 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant