Speciality Doctor (various services)
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Priory Group is the UK'S leading independent provider of mental health care and education services. We have an outstanding reputation both for the service we deliver and for the investment we make in our people and in our environment.
The Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal is a specialist provider of complex mental health services, providing clinical excellence across 11 wards which include a speciality eating disorder service, CAMHS, rehabilitation, acute and PICU services.
Speciality Doctors at Cheadle Royal will join a large team of substantive medical staff, each ward is led by a Consultant Psychiatrist supported by their Speciality Doctor and other members of the Multi Disciplinary Team. We provide an excellent opportunity to develop your clinical knowledge and practice working alongside experienced Consultants and clinicians within the team, offering a wide variety of clinical practice not usually available within the NHS. We offer a solid commitment to your CPD and have an excellent track record in supporting Speciality Doctors to achieve success in professional examinations and to move on to higher specialist training.
We currently have a vacancies in the following services:
* Adult Acute
* Eating Disorders
Key Accountabilities include:
* Management of admissions and discharges.
* Day to day management of patients on the ward including undertaking risk assessments, MDT liaison, outcome measurements.
* Prompt mental health assessments, reports and clinical summaries. The post holder must have proficient ICT skills to use our electronic records system (Carenotes) and produce reports.
* Participation in audit, research, quality and performance management and other clinical and professional activities.
What we'd like from you:
* A medical degree (MB ChB or equivalent)
* Full GMC registration with licence to practice
* A minimum of one year's experience in mental health
What we'd like to give you:
* A competitive salary
* Disclosure check cost coverage
* Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
* Online benefits and cashback rewards
* Cycle to work scheme
* SMART Childcare Vouchers
* SMART Pension option
Internal candidates please complete the internal application form and ensure it is signed by your current line manager.
External candidates please apply through jobs. Apply
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- £ 80000 - 80000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 19 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor