Senior Physiotherapist - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
BMI Hampshire Clinic Hospital in Basingstoke is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Physiotherapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
Working in a pleasant and well equipped Physiotherapy Department with excellent training opportunities and a varied caseload.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This role is on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills:
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
* Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
* Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist or State Registered Occupational Therapist with post-graduate general hospital experience
* Must be a Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) or College of Occupational Therapy
* Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
* Knowledge of registered body and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
Duties of this role include:
* To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard
* To provide clinical direction for other physiotherapy staff within the team
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
* To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
* To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
* Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for Inpatients, Outpatients, participating in these patients' pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
* To participate in on call rota and weekend duties as required
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 15 Jun 2017
Closes 13 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy