Clinical Governance Lead (PCSE)
Leeds, West Yorkshire, EnglandWorking as part of the wider Clinical Governance Team is an essential role within the business supporting the service delivery processes and initiatives of this nationally important group.
Your role is to work closely with the PCSE service delivery teams, creating and deploying clinical governance and clinical risk management strategies. You will need to work autonomously but with support and direction as required. This role has a key element of exploration and discovery rather than following a set protocol from the outset.
Your role will be based in Leeds (Arlington business centre), but you will be required to work flexibly each week to take account of the daily requirements of the business. You will be expected to regularly travel to various PCSE and NHS sites within the UK.
This role requires effective working with all Capita PCSE business areas to implement improvement strategies, to improve the overall quality of the Capita PCSE service. Close working with external stakeholders is also essential.
Dimensions / Key Accountabilities
* Reporting to, and working closely with, PCSE Chief Medical Officer
* To lead and deliver an effective Clinical Governance and risk management programme while optimising service delivery. Achieved by detailed review of internal (PCSE), and external (primary care administrative), processes; application of clinical practice and clinical governance knowledge; taking appropriate responsibility and ownership with upwards reporting when required.
* Identify, and lead interactions with, external advisers and adviser groups.
* Have responsibility for specific projects ensuring that all time lines are met including the production of regular progress reports
* Lead the identification of process-based clinical risks using agreed standards (e.g. NPSA, NHS digital / ISB0129, etc.).
* Engage stakeholders across the business, earn trust and build effective relationships
* Identify new clinical governance and clinical risk requirements and translate into effective processes
* Produce high quality, accurate governance / risk management documentation including policies, procedures, and clinical governance updates
* Attend service line team meetings to support evolving service requirements and organisational priorities
* Be proactive in keeping up to date with developments affecting clinical governance delivery
* Be proactive in driving innovation and transformation in the delivery of PCSE products and services
Key Skills and Experience
* Around 5 years post qualification clinical experience especially in primary care environments
* Senior level experience in clinical governance and clinical risk management in a complex healthcare environment
* Experience in clinical risk and incident reporting
* Experience in quality standards - e.g. NICE, ISO, CQC
* Knowledge of quality assurance tools
* Knowledge of / interest in digital healthcare
* Corporate experience
For further details, please contact Apply
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Capita plc.
- £ 45000 - 55000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 13 Jun 2017
Closes 11 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Health care administration