Theatre Healthcare Assistant
Lancaster, Lancashire, England
BMI Lancaster Hospital in Lancaster is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift patter n.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Numerate and literate.
* Ideally a person with experience of working in a caring or people orientated environment.
* Able to demonstrate a high degree of common sense and self-discipline.
Duties of this role include:
* To participate in the function of theatre in accordance with hospital policy.
* To ensure patients are treated with courtesy and ensure confidentiality in maintained at all times.
* To give attention to patients' needs.
* To use correct procedure for dealing with specimens safely.
* To act as a circulating nurse when required.
* To attend and contribute to department meetings.
* To assist with the paperwork in theatre, e.g. charge sheets, path lab forms when required.
* To maintain a professional approach at all times.
* To ensure the appropriate and efficient use of supplies and develop good housekeeping methods.
* To observe the relevant costing procedures.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of your CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 15000 - 20000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jun 2017
Closes 11 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant