Healthcare Assistant Level 3 (Secondary Care) - RAF Honington
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Ministry of Defence - Bury St Edmunds
Hours required: 37.5 (Monday - Friday)
- To be able to work as part of the multidisciplinary team under supervision to deliver 24 hour care to patients.
- To fulfil nursing and non-nursing duties as directed by the shift leader.
- To perform extended roles within their scope of practice as directed by the clinical lead and dictated by ward environment.
- To assist in the delivery of evidence based holistic care to patients within the ward environment, under the supervision of the registered nurse.
- To provide clinical administrative support as required.
- To perform, record and report clinical observations to include;
- Peak flow
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar.
- To report any changes in patient condition to the nurse in charge.
- To obtain samples as requested.
- To communicate effectively within the multidisciplinary team including the verbal and written handover of patient care.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward / department cleanliness.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward stock levels.
- To assist in the routine maintenance of clinical equipment; performing mandatory checks and reporting faults to the shift leader.
- To work in either Complex Trauma or Neurological rehabilitation as required by service needs and directed by the clinical leads and Chain of Command (CoC).
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience
- Must hold or be working towards NVQ Level 3 in health care.
- Must have in date Medical Devices, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Manual Handling certificates completed within the last 12 months.
Military Medical Personnel specialises in recruiting healthcare professionals for Army, Navy & RAF bases throughout the UK & overseas.
- £ 12.50 - 17.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jun 2017
Closes 10 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant