Occupational Therapist - Learning Disabilities
Colchester, Essex, England
I am currently working on behalf of a market leading Healthcare organisation that is seeking to appoint an Occupational Therapist to join their existing staff team for specialist services in the Colchester area.
The service within the region provides specialist learning disability rehabilitation services for those with learning disabilities and other complex needs.
The role will be fully supported and will join an existing team and providing supervision and professional consultation, guidance and advice to a designated specialist client group. You will be providing Occupational Therapy interventions whilst applying an evidence based, flexible and client-centred approach working within the Clinical Services Team to meet the health and social care needs of clients referred to the company.
Our client will consider newly qualified or experienced Occupational Therapists.
The main duties include:
* Formulating treatment plans in consultation with the service user
* Managing, with support and supervision and prioritise a caseload of service users with complex physical health needs and/or challenging behaviour
* To undertake comprehensive and timely assessments of clients
* To maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge and skills relevant to the field of practice.
* To take responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development
Key skills required include:
* You will need to be a qualified, HCPC registered, Occupational Therapist
* Ideally experience of working within an inter-disciplinary team and an understanding of Learning disabilities would be beneficial
* Knowledge of Occupational Therapy assessments and an understanding of OT outcome measures
* Adaptable and creative to meet their needs, and have the skills and ability to work with people that may be difficult to engage and with challenging behaviour patterns.
* Excellent communication skills on all levels
Salary - £23-29k Lower end for newly qualified - Upper end for more specialist/band 6 equivalent with relevant experience working with the client group
?As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.?
- £ 23000 - 29000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Jun 2017
Closes 9 Jul 2017
Ref: JHHC - CAMESSOT - 0806
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist