Barnet, London, Greater London, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Hendon Hospital in London has a vacancy for an Optometrist to join their team of staff within the Ophthalmology Department on a Bank basis.
The role will be based at the Hendon satellite Brent Community Opthalmology sites at: Willesden Centre for Health and Care and Sudbury Primary Care Centre
Working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Service open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Sat 8am-4pm, shifts will be allocated depending on clinic times and the needs of the service.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
* Certificate of Ocular Therapeutics (TPA)
* Bachelor of Optometry
* UK Qualified Optometrist
* Evidence of relevant professional development
* Trained and skilled in performing specific ophthalmic tests
* Excellent communication skills - verbal, non-verbal, written and telephone manner, able to manage customers' expectations
* Experience of working in an Ophthalmic diagnostic environment required.
* Evidence of competence of using diagnostic equipment and the administration of prescription eye drops.
Duties of this role include:
* To create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships within the ophthalmic department
* Carry out ophthalmic patient tests including OCT, visual fields and dilating
* To continually assess the quality of tests undertaking and take appropriate as required.
* To instil eye drops according to policy
* Share responsibility for tidying and cleaning of treatment areas
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 12 - 15 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Jun 2017
Closes 7 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Optometry