Physical Therapist II
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Physical Therapist II.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Physical Therapist II is a specialist clinician in a given area of pediatric or women's health physiotherapy, however the post holder is also able / expected to cover other areas. The Physical Therapist II is responsible for competently providing safe and effective physiotherapy care to Women and Children with the most complex needs within Sidra Medical and Research Centre. The Post holder assesses physiotherapy needs, plans, and implements and evaluates therapy programmes working autonomously without direct supervision. As the lead clinician, the Physical Therapist II is responsible for ensuring standards of physiotherapy practice are met within his/her specialty areas. The Physical Therapist II works in collaboration with other members of the health care team and strives to provide evidence-based care by integrating research with practice. Promotes continuous improvement and helps to generate innovative ideas within physiotherapy practice. Maintains a commitment to life-long learning and creates, utilizes and/or disseminates new knowledge to patients and their families, the public and other professionals internal /external health professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides total individualized patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence based practices.
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating therapy needs as well as discharge planning for each patient, assessing for current and potential problems.
- Takes a lead role in the advanced assessment, treatment and specialist advice of patients with the most diverse or complex presentations/multi-pathologies.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal. Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Identifies and alerts members of the medical team to changes in medical status of the patient.
- Identifies impairments and refer to other medical specialties when necessary.
- Liaises with the appropriate physiotherapy services in the community and provides transfer/discharge information
- Educates the patient/family and other members of the health care team regarding the physiotherapy plan
- Provides expert consultation to patients/families, staff, community agencies, satellite centers, national and international centers and the media.
- Participates in community outreach activities e.g. school-based therapy, homecare.
- Identifies physiotherapy research opportunities and participates in and/or develop and promote research.
- Disseminates research and clinical findings through publications, presentations, seminars, etc.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to designee
- Act as an advocate by empowering women/children and their families to make informed choices by providing them with information and support and directing to the relevant support services when appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy / Physiotherapy
- 5+ years clinical experience
- Registration as a Physical Therapist / Physical Therapist and Licensure in country of origin
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Physiotherapy principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate knowledge and skills into practice.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, assess and develop educational materials for staff and patients.
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 8 Jun 2017
Closes 6 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy