Pharmacist - Inventory Management
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Pharmacist - Inventory Management.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The post holder's primary focus will be hired to support the Pharmacy Drug Supply activities and Trust by providing general finance and business assistance to the Department's supply & regulatory affairs function. The post holder will be based on campus but may be expected to work across both campus and offsite warehouse and visiting local healthcare regulatory bodies as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides the Procurement team with all required Qatari healthcare bodies regulatory approvals to import non registered medicines related to purchase orders. Refers queries outside of scope of responsibility to the Supervisor - Drug Supply.
- Coordinates & follows up the drug purchase processes.
- Coordinates & follows up with the clinical pharmacists regarding physician related inquiries.
- Runs monthly reports from the system and actions accordingly. This may include "medicines received, not invoiced" and "medicines ordered, not received" reports.
- Updates and maintains databases and spreadsheets relating to Drug Supply items, including purchasing & delivery activity.
- Responsible for new staff licensing process including document collection, processing to Medical Licensing department and follow up on licensing procedures. Refer queries when necessary to the Supervisor - Drug Supply.
- Assists in the full stock take of Pharmacy Stores.
- Participates in department performance improvement projects.
- Participates in team meetings to identify and resolve problems and suggests potential improvements to business systems and processes.
- Supports Pharmacy & Allied Health Department Business Team staff where required, with various financial and business processes.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times, for example concerning issues of business sensitivity, personnel information and patient confidentiality.
- Undertakes relevant administrative duties as necessary, including the development and maintenance of accurate filing systems.
- Undertake any other duties applicable to the grade/post as required.
- BSc Pharmacy
- 5+ years' Experience in Healthcare Industry in Qatar, Gulf, North America or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand; involved with related supply chain management &/or regulatory affairs roles/projects.
- Licensed in Pharmacy in country of origin.
- Strong knowledge of Qatar/GCC Healthcare Industry
- Strong knowledge of regulatory affairs
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 8 Jun 2017
Closes 6 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacist