Consultant Doctor in Gastroenterology/General Med - Shropshire
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
We are currently seeking experienced Consultant Physicians in Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine for immediate placement in the Shropshire area. This will be for full time permanent positions.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice. We cannot accept candidates without NHS experience for this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision with Consultant colleagues of a gastroenterology service to the Hospital with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the Department.
- Provision of a gastroenterology service which works to recognised guidance (such as NICE and British Society of Gastroenterology) and to targets (e.g. Cancer Waiting Time and New: FU ratio).
- You will work on the Gastroenterology wards and associated outlying wards on 2 week rotations shared equitably with the other Consultants (two 2 week blocks in 18 weeks).
- Provision of gastroenterology outpatient services
- Work in multidisciplinary teams (Upper GI Cancer, IBD, ward).
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Excellent salary packages available
Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 75249 - 101451 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 8 Jun 2017
Closes 6 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor