Disability Assessors - Birmingham
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Disability Assessors – Nurses, Paramedics, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapists and Health Visitors
Salary: £34000 per annum
• Salary of £34,000 per annum, rising to £35k and up to £38k
• 23 days paid holidays (plus 8 statutory holidays)
• Travel expenses reimbursed
• Life Assurance
• Company pension
• Career development opportunities
Continuation of registration
• Working for a progressive and cutting-edge employer with exceptional standards
Hours of work Full Time – 37.5hrs per week – Monday to Friday
Main Purpose of Role
To undertake Personal Independence Payment medical assessments and examinations required for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team.
To contribute to the contract at a local level, ensuring that quality, productivity and customer satisfaction are all achieved.
To undertake face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. These assessments may be recorded.
Full training is provided including 20 hours of eLearning and a 5/8 day training course.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Registered General Nurse, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with current PIN and a minimum of two years post registration experience. (Must have RGN where applicable)
• Broad based experience and assessment skills. Previous experience of disability assessment and experience of clinical decision making desirable (e.g. A & E, NHS Direct)
• IT literate with experience of using a range of software. To have completed ECDL or equivalent is desirable.
• Ability to travel to a range of locations as the business requires.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of change management and the ability to influence and negotiate successfully with a range of people.
• Evidence of responding to unexpected changes by adopting a flexible approach to work
• Evidence of on-going professional development
• Ability to work to specified standards
• Ability to multi-task demonstrating that you are able to listen, assess and take notes and have the confidence to control an assessment.
For further detail please email Apply
- £ 34000 - 34000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 6 Jun 2017
Closes 28 Sep 2017
Ref: CD Birmingham AHP
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist, Paramedic, Physiotherapy