Specialist Adult Mental Health Dietitian
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
This is a Regional role to cover Abbey House, Woodland View, Lakeside View, 255 Lichfield Road, Beverley House and the Community Houses.
Partnerships in Care is one of the UK's leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK.
With hospitals around the country, 30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments
This is a new role for the region and working in a hospital, you'll educate people who need special diets as part of their treatment,educate and advise patients with diet-related disorders on the practical ways in which they can improve their health by adopting healthier eating habits, evaluating and reviewing treatment plans and working alongside a dedicated MDT.
Key Duties will include:
* Providing guidance and support to patients and MDT's with regards to best practice, evidence based interventions and health promotion.
* Developing, implementing and evaluating dietary and nutritional plans designed to promote the physical and psychological well-being of patients within Priory Health Care and Partnerships In Care Hospitals across the West Midlands.
* Receiving referrals and undertaking assessments.
* Maintaining up to date and accurate clinical records.
* A degree in dietetics or nutrition
* Post-graduate qualification in relevant specialism.
* HPC registration and a member of a relevant professional institution.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
* Private Medical Insurance Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Free meals while on duty
* Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
* Continuous learning and development
* Childcare vouchers
* Career development
* Personal health insurance
* An employee assistance programme
* Free car parking (at most sites)
* Voluntary Benefits
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- £ 36000 - 36000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 May 2017
Closes 18 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Dietician