Disability Assessor - Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Disability Assessor - Registered Nurse, OT, Paramedic, Physiotherapist - Permanent Jobs
Starting salary: £34,000, potential to earn up to £38,000
Full or Part Time Job
About Capita | DWP PIP
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
We're proud to work with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) for the provision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service.
PIP replaced Disability Living Allowance for working age customers from 16-64. Capita pride themselves on delivering the PIP process on behalf of the DWP.
About the role:
With the introduction of the new legislation, it's a great time to join us and our expanding team. Your rewarding and essential role entails clinically assessing individuals who present a variety of disabilities and compiling impartial reports, which accurately detail your findings.
You will be based from home, working within a radius of your address, visiting claimants at the local consultation centre or in their own homes. A full functional assessment, including evaluating Activities of Daily Living will be completed. You will also dissect and analyse important information such as claimant questionnaires, GP documentation and multidisciplinary data.
This information will then be elaborated upon in a comprehensive and structured report including recommendations as to when the customer's circumstances should be reviewed.
- You will be a fully qualified Healthcare Professional (Nurse, OT, Paramedic or Physiotherapist)
- At least 2 years' post qualification experience
- Full registration with HCPC or NMC
- Hold a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle
- Customer facing assessment experience
- Report writing experience or equivalent
- Good IT skills
- Community experience desirable
What's in it for you?
- Training and development (and initial 6 week training course, fully paid)
- Salary rises to £35k once DWP approved
- Earning potential = £38k
- Excellent career progression and opportunity to expand your CPD
- Excellent salary
- Life assurance and pension
- Work-life balance (bank holidays off)
- Diverse working structure and variety of working environments
- Degree of flexibility - working from home
Apply within remembering to attach your CV or contact Chris Bonner for more info;
email@example.com / 0161 274 8516
Capita Social Care Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- £ 34000 - 38000 Per year
- Full time
- Contract, Permanent, Temporary
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 May 2017
Closes 16 Jun 2017
Ref: CB DAF 000
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist, Paramedic, Physiotherapy