Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
London, Greater London, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Bishops Wood Hospital has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (essential).
* NVQ Level II (desirable)
* Communication skills.
* Customer focused
* Health care experience (desirable).
* Must be available to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays
* Previous experience of working in healthcare highly desirable
* There is a requirement to work across a number of BMI clinic sites
Duties of this role include:
* To support the multidisciplinary team through the delivery of basic patient care under the supervision of a registered practitioner, and within the limits of training and assessed competence.
* To deliver basic patient care, under the supervision of a registered practitioner, in accordance with the defined Care Pathway.
* To porter /escort patients to /from other departments as required.
* To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment and equipment in accordance with local infection control policies and healthcare commission requirements.
* To prepare clinical equipment under direction from qualified staff.
* To provide assistance to qualified staff / doctors during clinical procedures.
* To chaperone.
* To undertake a limited range of basic clinical procedures where training has been given and competence assessed.
* To support departmental record keeping, through effective data collation and entry e.g. for clinical governance, financial management purposes etc.
* To provide patient reception and telephone answering services as required within the department.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 8 - 12 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 18 May 2017
Closes 15 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant