Urology consultant in North Cumbria
Carlisle, Cumbria, England
ID Medical has an exciting permanent opportunity in North Cumbria for a consultant to work in urology. This is a full-time role and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a key requirement for this position.
The Trust is looking for an engaged and passionate candidate to join their fast-paced team. In line with your experience, you will be expected to interact and care for patients directly, as well as work with the support of more junior doctors. A calm, adaptable approach is an advantage. This role will provide you with good experience to help further your career.
Key Responsibilities for the Post:
- The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate a firm commitment to the principles of clinical governance including:-
- Developing and maintaining appropriate systems and practice to ensure effective clinical audit.
- Attending and contributing to the trust clinical governance programmes.
- Ensuring that staff within your area of responsibility are aware of the trust's risk management strategy, and that it is implemented
- Participating in the trust clinical incident reporting system.
- Developing a programme of personal continuing medical education and professional development in accordance with the recommendations of the relevant Royal Colleges.
- The post holder is expected to provide high quality elective and emergency care to patients in North Cumbria. Within the trust the elective paediatric surgery is undertaken by a nominated paediatric surgeon and this post has recently become vacant. There is therefore the opportunity for the post holder to take on this is role if they have an interest.
If you have the following, then please apply today!
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Excellent salary packages available
Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 75249 - 101451 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 18 May 2017
Closes 15 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor