Occupational Therapy Assistant
City of Westminster, London, Greater London, England
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our department based at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, NW8 9LE. The OT department delivers services to the Neurological Rehabilitation Unit, as well as to acute adult patients across the hospital, including the Intensive Care Units.
As an Occupational Therapy Assistant you will work under the direction of qualified Therapists with patients who have disability resulting from neurological, medical or surgical conditions.
- This is a full-time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week.
- Shift Pattern: 9am - 5:15pm; Monday - Friday)
- The projected salary range is competitive, dependent on experience.
- Benefits:Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist therapists in the management and care of their patients and implement and evaluate intervention under the guidance/supervision of a qualified therapist, once trained.
- Provide programmes of Therapy and Rehabilitation activities to patients with acute, chronic or complex needs within the guidelines provided by the Therapists.
- Lead and assist in carrying out group based sessions and activities in conjunction with the therapist.
- Carry out administrative, housekeeping and clerical activities including typing, filing, and stock ordering as required by the treating Therapists.
- Communicate effectively with therapists, patients, their relatives, carers and staff in all matters relating to patient care, treatment and service delivery.
- Work as part of the multidisciplinary team in the development of therapy services at The Wellington Hospital and within the HCA group.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working within an Occupational Therapy department and awareness/understanding of Therapeutic intervention.
- Understanding of health related functions and experience working with people with disability is desirable.
- Ability to cope with daily exposure to patients with acute, chronic or complex needs, who may have significant physical disability, cognitive and speech and language deficits.
- Good communication, time management and organisational skills with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficient in IT with skills in the use of Microsoft packages, including, Word, Excel & Outlook
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
- £ 22043 - 24094 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 18 May 2017
Closes 15 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist