Dental Hygienist - Beachley Barracks
Chepstow, Monmouthshire (Sir Fynwy), Wales
A locum is required to provide the Dental Officers with clinical and administrative support to enable him/her to achieve his/her primary purpose, including the provision of dental hygiene treatment, oral hygiene instruction and education and any other appropriate clinical procedure as prescribed by a Dental Officer working towards improving and maintaining the oral health of entitled personnel.
To undertake all activities described in the GDC Scope of Practice. Carrying out work under the direction of a registered dentist who has examined the patient and indicated in writing the course of treatment to be provided. This is in accordance with the Dental Auxiliary Regulations 1986, as amended by the Dental Auxiliaries (amended) Regulations 1991.
To ensure that not less than 6.5 hours per day in 2 sessions are set aside for appointed patients.
To maintain own appointment book when a receptionist is not available and liaise between Dental Officer and patients concerning appointments.
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience
1. Must be a fully qualified hygienist registered with General Dental Council (GDC) without restriction.
2. Must hold valid suitable and appropriate indemnity insurance with a recognised dental defence organisation.
3. Must provide evidence of clinical currency in accordance with JSP 950 Leaflet 4-1-4 Returning to Clinical Practice, specifically a minimum of 2 clinical sessions per week over the last 15 months.
4. Must have completed GDC highly recommended Continuing Professional Development (CPD) including basic life support, safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, infection control, and adequate radiological protection knowledge.
5. To be trained and current in emergency and resuscitation procedures and have practised and tested these procedures at least annually (in accordance with JSP 950 Leaflet 4-6-1 DMS CPR Standards and Training.
6. Must have undertaken the additional health clearance checks for clinicians required to perform Exposure Prone Procedures (in accordance with the Department of Health policy entitled "Health clearance for tuberculosis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV: New Healthcare Workers").
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 17 May 2017
Closes 14 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Dental hygienist