Healthcare Assistant - Essex Area
Basildon, Essex, England
PE Global Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced Band 2 Community Health Care Assistants for our clients in the Basildon / Essex area. You will be working in a community and acute for general and mental health settings under the supervision of a registered nurse, but must also be able to work autonomously. You will be expected to be self-motivated and use your initiative as necessary.
Please note: You MUST be a car driver and have the use of a car for this position.
The ideal candidate will have at extensive experience working in NHS hospitals and have the required occupational health clearance. This will involve providing us with a pathology report proving your immunity to:
Hepatitis B, Varicella, Measles , Rubella and BCG (evidence of your TB scar)
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the Right to Work in the UK and ideally have an NVQ level 3 in healthcare along with at least 12 month’s experience in a hospital or Community Healthcare setting.
Role and responsibilities:
To treat all clients with dignity, respect and discretion whilst maintaining their confidentiality.
- Ensure clients’ personal hygiene requirements are met. This will include assisting with washes, bed bathing, assisting with showering and bathing
- Catheter care, bowel and stoma care..
- Taking and recording observations of patients’ temperature, pulse, respiration, oxygen saturations and blood pressure.
- Monitoring patients’ blood sugars – any abnormalities to be reported to the qualified nurse.
- Carrying out routine urine testing, recording results and reporting any abnormalities.
- Collecting blood and urine specimens and labelling as required.
- Undertaking phlebotomy as required
- Administering I.V. cannulation as required
- Assessment of pressure areas and skin integrity, reporting to qualified nurse if any changes.
- Basic life support - summoning help and assisting the qualified nurse in an emergency situation.
Ensuring food charts are maintained.
Monitoring patients’ weights.
All candidates must attend to a competency based face- to-face interview. Registration is subject to satisfactory references and a clear enhanced DBS.
PE Global Healthcare is part of PE Global, a leading international healthcare recruitment agency. We offer excellent rates of pay and shifts to suit you and your lifestyle. Our dedicated team works closely with our NHS and private clients to match the best candidates to the right jobs.
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the required knowledge and skills to be successful in this role, we would like to hear from you today. Please submit your current CV detailing a full employment and training history. A member of our healthcare team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- £ 11 - 18 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified
Posted 6 Apr 2017
Closes 3 Oct 2017
Ref: LEMHCA Essex
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant