Specialist clinical physiologist in cardio/ respiratory
Norwich, Norfolk, England
Are you ready for a new opportunity? ID Medical is currently recruiting a highly experienced specialist clinical physiologist in cardio/ respiratory for a permanent role at a top trust in Norfolk. This job is full-time, working 38 hours per week and is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career!
- The post holder will work as an independent practitioner without direct clinician input. They will provide written and verbal, clinical/ diagnostic reports, including suggestions for further patient investigations.
- Make decisions whether patients are fit to perform exercise treadmill tests and are therefore, directly accountable for their actions.
- They will be required to use advanced analytical and judgemental skills as well as highly developed physical skills to perform, interpret and report scans. This will include alerting Consultants and arrange admission for patients if life threatening heart abnormalities are detected and how to urgently refer for further investigations and treatment.
- Manage and deliver an effective ultrasound service to ensure a high standard of care for all patients under the post holder's care. This requires knowledge and experience to plan and prioritise patient workload; one's own section workload and training sessions.
- Manage a range of patients with differing demands including in-patients plus those on ITU/ CCU and Care of the Elderly.
- Ensure the clinical validity of ultrasound examination requests, prioritising and amending as required.
- The post holder will supervise other members of staff and provide clinical training for students, clinical staff and assistants.
- Assess levels of scanning competencies for all grades of staff.
- Liaise with all grades of staff to ensure an effective delivery of the ultrasound service.
- Participate in departmental audit, clinical trials and equipment evaluation.
- Encourage all junior staff to adhere to safe working practices.
- Ensure all patients and visitors are safe whilst they are in the ultrasound department or scan room.
If you have the following, then please apply today!
Qualifications and requirements:
- BSc in Clinical Physiology or equivalent degree Or H-Tech in MPPM with relevant experience
- Immediate Life Support Certification
- Registration to Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP)
- Minimum 4 years' experience as a Cardiac Physiologist proficient in specialist Echocardiography proven history of taking on responsibilities
- Work as an autonomous, independent practitioner
- Highly developed physical and sensory skills, dexterity and coordination
- Able and willing to take charge
- Good time management skills
- Sound interpersonal, organisational and
Benefits with ID Medical:
- Locum, fixed-term or permanent contracts available throughout the UK
- Excellent salary packages available
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 24 - 29 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Feb 2017
Closes 15 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Physiology