Medical Physicist - Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Medical Physicist - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client in early 2017. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Physicist - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) works at a high level of professional expertise to assist in the implementation and audit of legislation, codes of practice and other relevant guidance in MRI safety and quality control. The post-holder operates with a high degree of autonomy to provide services to a range of areas. The post-holder liaises with staff in a large number of departments working with MRI and visits external organizations. The Physicist - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) develops, executes and maintains programs pertaining to MRI safety, quality control and diagnostic imaging research for the MRI equipment for the facility. These services include (but are not limited to): Advice on MRI safety and image artefacts, education and training, protocol optimization, quality control, fMRI and spectroscopy research.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for direct management of the MRI Physics programme. Ensures areas/programs under direct management are safely delivered with optimal utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Plans a complex range of activities in accordance with the objectives, national legislative requirements, international accreditation standards and national healthcare priorities.
- Assists in the preparation of plans for the development of existing clinical services or the addition of new services, where required.
- Participates in audit, research and development, including managing certain projects from inception to completion.
- Assesses processes within the designated section and contributes to service development in collaboration with the Manager- Medical Physics, for possible improvements and amendments.
- Responsible for prioritization of own work and that of others, some of which might be ongoing.
- Identifies resource requirements and informs Manager - Medical Physics.
- Plans, develops and delivers a quality assurance programme for all MRI equipment.
- Evaluates MRI equipment requiring high precision, complex measurements.
- Provides timely, concise and accurate reports on quality assurance, in compliance with certification and legislative requirements.
- Provides highly specialist advice and information directly to medical nursing and other users and clients.
- Audits procedures used with MRI equipment, for compliance with relevant legislation, standards and agreed good practice.
A full job description is available upon request. This will outline further Technical/Clinical/Scientific as well as financial, training and development and communications responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Sciences or equivalent subject
- MSc in Medical Physics or Radiation Physics or equivalent subject
- 5+ years' clinical experience in the field of medical physics in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Demonstrated experience in research or supported research development in a western academic medical facility
- Teaching experience in a western academic medical facility
- Certification in Medical Physics by a western accreditation programme such as HCPC (UK) ABMP (USA), ABR (USA), ACPSEM (Australia), CCPM (Canada) or equivalent
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Feb 2017
Closes 15 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography