Specialist - Simulation Instruction
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Specialist - Simulation Instruction
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. These will be held in early 2017. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Specialist - Simulation assists in planning educational programs, curriculum, services, equipment and supplies, simulation facilities, and staffing for the Simulation Centre in collaboration with other simulation team members. The incumbent is responsible for the design and piloting of scenarios, skills stations, and training sessions and the development of assessment tools and in collaboration with external stakeholders. He/ She assists in simulation centre commissioning activities, on boarding staff, and continuing education for practicing staff as well as students from local clinical universities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with other simulation team members in various areas of Simulation Center development (facilities, educational and technological resources, equipment planning, procedures, staffing, etc.)
- Develops simulation-based educational programs in collaboration with the Education team and external stakeholders and pilots these to the highest educational standard within educational framework and local and regional guidelines
- Along with clinical faculty and specialists, facilitates the delivery of simulation-based training sessions and other educational activities for formative and summative purposes
- Plans and delivers training sessions in relation to the mission statement and promoting high standards of clinical care, advocating patient safety and teamwork
- Develops pre-simulation training educational material
- Develops assessment strategies for skills validation through various modalities, including computer-based assessment and Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs)
- Uses and operates different simulation technologies including mannequins, task trainers, screen-based simulation, and virtual reality simulators
- Works with Standardized Patients
- Uses advanced digital AV systems, as well as CIS, LMS, ERP, and other systems related to work in the simulation center and education
- Ensures the training delivered complies with the legal and regulatory requirements in Qatar, the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH), and other simulation center accreditation requirements
- Assists with commissioning of the simulation center and the process of onboarding of staff. After onboarding, provides continuing education for staff and students of academic partners/affiliates
- Develops educational standards, methodologies, policies and procedure guidelines for the simulation center
- Demonstrates the operation of equipment within the centre to other users
- Provides, implements, monitors and manages solutions to enhance the delivery of simulation-based education through technological developments and creation of artifacts, such as moulage
- Ensures that current Health and Safety legislation is complied with and local codes of practice are followed
- Adheres to standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Bachelor's Degree in a health care related field
- 5+ years' clinical experience, including 2+ years' experience in Simulation
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of adult education
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability in the development of a curriculum
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Feb 2017
Closes 15 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Health care administration