We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for an Optometrist.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client in early 2017. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Optometrist diagnoses, manages and treats conditions and diseases of the human eye and visual system. He/ She ensures coordination of care with patients, fellow physicians and ancillary health team providers.
Reports directly to: Nurse Consultant Lead - Ophthalmology
Reports indirectly to: Director - Clinical Affairs
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Examines eyes and visual systems to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects.
- Uses specialized equipment and provides diagnoses, prescribes corrective lenses (eyeglasses or contact lenses), provides treatment and low-vision rehabilitation.
- Prescribes therapeutic drugs to treat some eye conditions within the scope of practice.
- Administers drugs to patients to aid in the diagnosis of vision problems.
- Performs examinations to diagnose vision problems and eye diseases.
- Tests patients' visual acuity, depth and color perception, ability to focus and coordinate the eyes.
- Diagnoses conditions caused by systemic diseases, analyzes test results and develops a treatment plan.
- Evaluates the results of a variety of diagnostic tests and decides on the best course of treatment for a patient.
- Provides clear explanations and eye care instructions to patients and their families, answers questions and provides reassurance.
- Liaises with other physicians in case of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions or if additional medical treatment is necessary.
- Participates in research if required.
- Communicates with patients to get detailed case histories.
- Liaises with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers.
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct. and Conflict of Interest policies.
In view of the evolving needs and opportunities within Sidra during this pre-operational phase, this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting relationships may vary.
- Doctor of Optometry (OD) Degree; graduation from an accredited School of Optometry accredited by the Council on Optometric Education of the American Optometric Association or equivalent.
- Completion of an Optometric Residency in Pediatric Optometry
- 5+ years of experience in Optometric practice.
- CT Optometrist license or equivalent
- Familiarity with contact lens dispensing and care.
- Ability to help patients feel at ease.
- Excellent skills in performing cycloplegic retinoscopy in pediatric patients.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high volume environment.
- Proficiency with EMR.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in concert with Ophthalmologists.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum of (5) years of Optometric practice with 2 years in pediatric specialty practice
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Feb 2017
Closes 15 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Optometry