Child and adolescent psychiatry - hull
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
Working as a child and adolescent psychiatrist provides an opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives of the next generation. It is an interesting and challenging specialty which has seen tremendous developments over the last two decades and is continuing to make great strides forward.
ID Medical is recruiting an experienced consultant specialising in child and adolescent psychiatry to fill a full-time position at this NHS trust.
Core duties include:
- To encourage and practice joint working across all agency/organisational boundaries; to facilitate and coordinate interventions in response to complex mental health needs; to enhance the accessibility and equitability for all children and families within the service boundary.
- Provide comprehensive and specialist mental health assessment where complex emotional and mental health difficulties are indicated.
- Provide a direct service to children, young people and families for specific identified therapeutic interventions in accessible, safe and appropriate environments.
- Facilitate appropriate and timely access to specialist assessment, specific intervention and other relevant service provision, according to the degree and nature of need as outlined in the integrated care pathways.
- Service provision to be person-centred, systemic and family focused, relevant to the individual's development needs and cultural context of the child, working in collaboration with service users and significant others to inform and agree identified packages of intervention.
- For children and young people, and their carers, to be involved in processes which decide how and where services are provided for them; to ensure that service users and their advocates are consulted in meaningful ways in order to inform the provision and development of the service.
- To systematically record and regularly review outcome measures for the service, continuously striving to offer evidence-based assessments and interventions within the nationally approved best practice guidance.
The Community team will be delivering the above objectives by delivering interventions via the following Integrated Care pathways
- Qualified in psychiatry
- Full valid GMC registration
- Experience working in community mental health services in the UK, especially at consultant level
- Empathy, compassion, and the ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- A holistic approach to medicine and ability to apply medical and psychiatric skills
- The ability to tolerate significant levels of anxiety in their clients and other professionals when a child is unwell or disturbed
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a large multidisciplinary team, and to build positive relationships with other agencies to strengthen support systems for children
Benefits with ID Medical:
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 75249 - 101451 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Feb 2017
Closes 15 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor