Senior Respiratory Therapist
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Respiratory Therapist to join the Respiratory Care Team.
The Therapist III - Respiratory possesses expert knowledge of Pediatric and/or Neonatal pulmonary anatomy and physiology. He/she has expert knowledge and clinical acumen in the use of all medical devices and techniques used in Respiratory Care for the Pediatric and/or Neonatal patient population. He/she demonstrates advanced level professional skills relevant to patient assessment, disease identification and evaluation, and administration of clinical therapeutic, interventional, and diagnostic Respiratory Care. He/she demonstrates the knowledge and skills to participate in education of the patient, family and public. The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for ensuring that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard. The Respiratory Therapist III participates in the supervision and teaching of junior and new members of staff within the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assumes primary responsibility for all Respiratory Care modalities including diagnostic, therapeutic, special procedures, and interventional modalities
- Participates in a leading role as lead Respiratory Care Practitioner in the clinical environment, providing leadership and expertise to less experienced practitioners
- Provides unit based specialty leadership and direction in the performance of advanced clinical procedures and interventions
- Informs the development of policies and procedures relevant to Respiratory Therapy as needed
- Acts in the role of Preceptor for oncoming staff in areas of expertise
- Participates in peer evaluations for new staff
- Ensures effective communication during handover, and end of Shift Report to ensure that the patients' needs for continuity of care and level of care are met
- Collaborates with all medical, nursing and ancillary stakeholders to ensure a safe, clean and secure environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Maintains an accurate and current patient medical record within the approved documentation system
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in planning patient care
- Provides input and evidence-based standards in formulating patient care policy and procedures for Respiratory Therapy patients
- Establishes and maintains working relationships and solicits input from physicians and other healthcare personnel to ensure optimal patient care
- Participates in Quality Assurance, Utilization Review and Performance improvement activities as required
- Provide emergency care as a member of Resuscitation, Rapid Response, and Transport Team as required
- Maintains Respiratory Therapy clinical skills, Collaborates with clinical educators in planning, implementation and evaluation of staff and patient education
- Integrates research findings into practice planning and, where appropriate, participates in the generation off of new knowledge
A full job description is available upon request.
- BSc in Respiratory Therapy (or equivalent field); OR Diploma (3 years) or Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy with 3+ years additional experience
- 5+ years recent clinical experience within Pediatric Respiratory Therapy
- Valid professional License in Country of Origin
- RRT, BLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS or equivalent
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Effective team member
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Feb 2017
Closes 14 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist