Manager - Speech Language Pathology
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Manager to work within Speech Language Pathology.
The Allied Health Department is a diverse mix of professions and services working together to provide patients with the comprehensive care that they require. Allied Health will provide services to neonatal, pediatric and adolescent patients of all specialties, as well as obstetrical and gynecological patients.
The Manager - Speech Language Pathology is responsible for leadership in the areas of operations, administrative functions and collaboration with clinical programs. The Manager - Speech Language Pathology is also responsible for the development of programs and program evaluation methodologies; research activities and evidence based practices; facilitating education programs and performing other duties consistent with the classification, as delegated by the Director - Allied health. The Manager - Speech Language Pathology promotes a culture of continuous improvement and helps to generate innovative ideas within Rehabilitation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a professional and role model for staff and is an advocate for patients and their families demonstrating behaviors consistent with the organizational/education competency framework, Sidra values, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives.
- Provides supervision and guidance to staff ensuring that all care is provided in accordance with Core Standards of Care and established policies and procedures.
- Plans for safe staffing patterns, while meeting the patient's need for continuity of care and level of care.
- Evaluates and ensures that clinical documentation, diagnoses and plans of care are integrated and effective in delivering an individual plan of care.
- Collaborates with ancillary services in adherence to international standards to ensure a safe, clean and secure environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Plans and monitors operating income and expenditure and provides appropriate reports.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice.
- Provides input and implements evidence-based standards in formulating unit patient care policy and procedures for Speech Language Pathology Services
- Utilizes outcome measures to evaluate effectiveness of care through the review of data and the questioning of inconsistencies.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships and solicits input from physicians and other healthcare personnel to ensure optimal patient care.
- Leads Performance Improvement activities and committees on the service as assigned.
- Responsible for completion of regular performance evaluations for project team members;
- Conducts evaluations for new staff prior to completion of probationary period.
- Supports the retention of all staff by creating a healthy work environment that facilitates teamwork, and treats colleagues, patients/families and visitors with dignity and respect at all times. Ensures relevant information is communicated to all staff effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluates Speech Language Pathology processes and clinical information systems to ensure standardized assessment, diagnosis, outcomes and evaluation.
- Collaborates with clinical educators in the implementation and evaluation of staff and patient education.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology / Therapy or in Business / Healthcare Administration or equivalent
- 7 years of relevant experience including 3 years progressive management experience
- Experience in Managing a multidisciplinary team
- Current Licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist / Therapist in country of origin
- Demonstrated managerial experience in specialty area.
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience with clinical Information systems, including staffing and scheduling systems, and time and attendance systems.
A full job description available upon request.
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 14 Feb 2017
Closes 14 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Speech therapy