Supervisor - Speech Language Pathology
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for Supervisors - Speech Language Pathology.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. These will be held in Europe during March 2017. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Supervisor - Speech Language Pathology is responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. The Supervisor - Speech Language Pathology is a key member of the inter-professional team and ensures that standards for speech language therapy care are adhered to at service level. The Supervisor - Speech Language Pathology works collaboratively with the Manager - Speech Language Pathology to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Sidra's plans and timelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a professional and role model for staff and is an advocate for patients and their families demonstrating behaviors consistent with the organizational/ education competency framework, Sidra values, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Participates in planning and program direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives
- Provides supervision and guidance to staff ensuring that all care is provided in accordance with Divisional Core Standards and established policies and procedures
- Evaluates and ensures that individualized discharge planning needs are assessed on admission
- Ensures an inter-professional approach to facilitate a timely discharge or transfer to the next level of care or home
- Ensures safe patient care by making patient assignments based on patient acuity and skill mix
- Evaluates and ensures that clinical documentation, diagnoses and plans of care are integrated and effective in delivering an individual plan of care
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk
- Demonstrates an understanding of evidence-based healthcare methodology and its ability to positively impact patient outcomes
- Participates in the integration and evaluation of research into practice
- Utilizes outcome measures to evaluate effectiveness of care through the review of data and the questioning of inconsistencies
- Works towards the achievement of agreed key performance indicators for self and unit
- Identifies patient care issues and/ or strategies to improve and positively impact on the quality of care and patient outcomes
- Collaborates with the Manager - Speech Language Pathology and Clinical Educators in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient/ family and staff education
- Applies problem solving techniques and evidence based solutions to service related issues. Evaluates and ensures appropriate escalation of issues to meet patient/ family/ staff needs and resolve conflicts
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with patients, families and colleagues, addresses patient/ family complaints immediately and assists in the investigation of written complaints
- Bachelor's degree in Speech Language Pathology/ Therapy
- 5+ years of experience inclusive of 2+ years progressive management experience in specialty area
- Registration as a Speech Language Pathologist/ Therapist and Licensure in Country of Origin
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) in Speech Language Pathology from a program accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate teams to meet care objectives
- Demonstrated ability to delegate, supervise, and evaluate the performance of clinical interventions
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Feb 2017
Closes 14 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Speech therapy