Superintendent Radiographer (The Wellington Hospital)
Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
The Wellington Hospital is expanding in 2017 with the opening of a brand new state-of-the-art outpatient, diagnostic and treatment centre located in Elstree, North-West London. The centre will accommodate a wide range of both diagnostic and treatment services and will consist of; 16 Consulting rooms, 3T MRI, X-ray, Ultrasound & 6 treatment rooms.
The Wellington Hospital, just north of London's West End, is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds. It has an international reputation for outstanding care in areas of medicine including; cardiac services, neurosurgery, critical care, rehabilitation, oncology and orthopaedics. Also part of the Wellington Hospital is the Platinum Medical Centre as well as the Diagnostics & Outpatients Centre located in Golders Green.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Superintendent Radiographer to join our new state-of-the-art outpatient, diagnostic and treatment centre located in Elstree. Our Radiology department uses the most modern diagnostic and imaging equipment including General, DEXA, CT, Fluoroscopy, and Interventional Radiology. With the commissioning our new Toshiba Aquilion One Cardiac CT and Siemans Aera 1.5 Tesla MRI Scanners, now is a great time to join us.
As a Superintendent Radiographer you will manage the day-to-day running of the Imaging & diagnostics department, in order to provide a professional, efficient and cost effective unit.
This is a full time, permanent post. 37.5 hours per week. The projected salary range is is £43,801 - £49,901 per annum, plus a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Imaging Manager, the post holder will lead a group of customer focused, service driven Radiographers.
- To maintain a professional image and provide a high standard of diagnostic imaging in relation to all patient care.
- To ensure efficient day-to-day running of the imaging dept. utilising staff and resources, including; Staffing levels, skills mixes and working arrangements as well as appraisal and disciplinary action as appropriate.
- To work with the Imaging Manager to establish clinical audit and clinical governance processes.
- Responsible for all management aspects within the legal and policy guidelines with regard to; Health and Safety, Data Protection, Radiation Protection, Patient Confidentiality and Equal Opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- Experience Radiographer with proven leadership skills the ability to manage departments.
- BSc or Diploma in Radiography with HCPC registration.
- Knowledge of IR(ME)R and Health and Safety issues as well as experience of quality assurance for imaging.
- A strong leader with the ability to motivate and develop radiographers and Imaging staff.
- You will be highly motivated with exemplary communication skills and an ability to work flexibly and under pressure when required
- £ 43801 - 49901 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 10 Feb 2017
Closes 10 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography