Clinical Systems Engineer
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Systems Engineer.
The Engineer - Clinical Systems is responsible for the full coordination related to the functional testing, repair/ maintenance and programming of all medical equipment integration issues as they relate to the hospitals CIS/EHR systems at SMRC. Functions as the departments IT integration expert for medical equipment into all clinical areas as well as for support of the IEC 80001-1:2010 standard for the application of risk management for IT-networks incorporating medical devices. Manages integration projects involving areas of operating systems, system administration, software development, network security/protocol, provides direct technical support for all medical equipment integration problems and liaises with the IT department for issues determined to be in their scope of responsibility.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provides critical problem solving and decision making including work prioritization of equipment with higher clinical repair needs.
- Performs all functions of an IT Medical Device integration expert
- Responsible for the coordination of IT integration issues for all relevant medical equipment in terms of safety, service, efficiency and ensuring systems are fit for purpose
- Manages BME support for all medical equipment IT integration issues (including hardwired, LAN, WLAN and medical telemetry based), including support of IEC 80001-1 Medical Devices on IT networks Risk Management standard, implementing policies, procedures, processes and systems to ensure compliance with all relevant hospitals requirements.
- Ensures all medical device integration problems are documented and reported.
- Ensures the availability of relevant electronic data to the BME manager for analysis of maintenance operations and performance as required.
- Participates in the use of a paperless, CAFM integrated, equipment maintenance program incorporating the transfer of test data from BME specific automated test equipment to generate accurate data and relevant histories in compliance with JCIA standards.
- Demonstrates an on-going commitment to service quality improvement, and ensures a high level commitment to professional job performance and customer service throughout the hospital.
- Promotes and maintains effective communication with all team members of the BME department towards achieving the departmental objectives.
- Supports implementation and ongoing improvement of BME department service related programs, including operational standards and relevant key performance indicators.
- Provides autonomous management of time in coordination with the BME Manager in consideration of departmental-wide strategies, policies and systems for workforce planning, occupational health and safety, education and training and performance management
- Performs all duties in a professional, effective and confidential manner.
- Acts as a hospital wide advocate and technology expert on hospital committees as required.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policy and procedures.
- Adheres to the hospital's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic/ Biomedical Engineering Degree
- 5+ years work experience with the IEC 80001-1 standard
- Medical device integration experience with CERNER's CIS
- Extensive experience of computers and servers or at least MCSE 2000 qualification
- Thorough understanding of PC and network hardware using the latest operating systems, network protocols and standards
- 3+ years' experience in the support and deployment of medical equipment requiring integration to CIS/EHR systems (including hardwired, LAN, WLAN and medical telemetry based systems)
- Combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Multicultural workplace experience
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot network problems with industry specific test equipment
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate a medical device related IT data transfer problem from an IT network problem
- Demonstrated ability to function at committee level for expert advice (as a super user) for medical device integration requirements
- Familiar with the JCIA, AAMI, ECRI, NFPA, ANSI, FDA, etc. and the ability to implement the latest standards
- Proficient with Office programs including Visio and Project
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 10 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Biomedical