Biomedical Scientist - Microbiology
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Biomedical Scientist - Microbiology.
Working with the Supervisor and the Technologist II, the Technologist I - Microbiology assists in the validation of all equipment and processes within the laboratory, preparation of policies and procedures in accordance with CAP-ISO15189 and JCI, and training of staff in specific techniques, as appropriate to the expertise and experience of the post-holder. Once the laboratory becomes fully operational, the Technologist I- Microbiology performs a broad range of technical and analytical work with a high level of individual skill and judgment, under minimal supervision. The post holder is required to observe and maintain a high standard of laboratory health, safety and risk procedures; and works to departmental Standard Operating Procedures, and current professional standards. The Technologist I is actively involved in the laboratories continuing professional development program, preparing and delivering presentations to a range of staff, attending internal and external lectures, and undertaking additional training courses as required. The Technologist I - Microbiology is part of a team of Biomedical Scientists/Technologists delivering high quality services in their specialty. The Technologist I-Microbiology will be required to work and rotate on 24 hours shifts and weekends.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in the technical and analytical work of the section
- Liaises with Technologist II and Laboratory Supervisor on appropriateness of tests, results and additional testing as required
- Monitors, records and reports back results, participating in discussion to rectify areas of concern if necessary
- Maintains co-operation between the sections and between disciplines by regular
communication with other Technologist I grade and senior staff
- In liaison with the Technologist II and Laboratory Supervisor, ensures adequate stocks of reagents and consumables are available for the efficient running of the service
- In liaison with the Technologist II and the Laboratory Supervisor, provides technical advice on, and assists in the selection / validation of new equipment
- Takes responsibility for the maintenance and safe use of equipment within the section
- Helps to ensure the provision of a high quality, cost-effective service with the emphasis on
quality assurance in all aspects of the section supervised by monitoring and audit of internal quality control
Uses LIS to generate workload statistics and run queries. Assess quality of data according to defined criteria
- Participates in the external quality assurance schemes that the department subscribes to
- Carries out corrective action as advised when the quality control procedures fail
- Assists in ensuring achievement of and maintaining CAP and ISO15189 standards in the section
- Ensures policies and procedures for the sections are adhered to
- Participates in the training (theoretical and practical) of technical staff in methodologies, principles and procedures by way of tutorials, presentations and seminars
- Bachelor's degree in Biological science, Medical Laboratory sciences, Medical Technology or other relevant program
- 2+ years relevant Microbiology experience
- Experience/understanding of LIS operations
- Experience in validation of new equipment and services
- Professional License in the country of origin
- Meet the requirement for licensure by the Qatari's Supreme Council of Health which includes a prometric exam
- Evidence of Continual professional development
- Competent in broad range of technical Microbiology processes
- Competent in several sections of Microbiology including Virology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology
- Knowledge / understanding of ISO15189/CPA/CAP/ JCI standards and guidelines
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 10 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Biomedical