Medical Assessor position in Edinburgh. Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm. £72,000 pa + excellent benefits
Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland
Are you a GMC Registered Doctor looking for a new challenge? Do you have at least two years broad based medical experience? If so we may have the ideal job opportunity for you!
The positions are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, paying £72k a year and offering an excellent benefits package
Based in a centrally located Clinic or Assessment Centre, I have various opportunities in Scotland
The role of a Functional Assessor is to conduct medical assessments and examinations and produce concise reports on behalf of the Government and you will work as part of a successful integrated team.
* To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP.
* File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer`s day to day life in performing work related activities.
* To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
* To provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
* Ensure that professional practice standards and "best practice" are maintained in all areas of work.
* To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback.
* To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary.
* To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner
* Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff.
* Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the GMC Code of Conduct
If you would like any more information about the role or the benefits that are available with this position, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
- £ 72000 - 72000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 12 Feb 2017
Ref: Doctor Edinburgh
This job was posted to: Doctor
Recommended, similar jobs
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England
SJB Medical Ltd