Manager - Orthotics
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Manager to work within Orthotics.
The Allied Health Department is a diverse mix of professions and services working together to provide patients with the comprehensive care that they require. Allied Health will provide services to neonatal, pediatric and adolescent patients of all specialties, as well as obstetrical and gynecological patients.
The vision of the Department of Allied Health is to provide outstanding care, rehabilitation, and patient/ family support through the provision of high quality clinicians and services working in an interdisciplinary environment that integrates education, research, and innovation into its model of care.
The Manager for Orthotics is responsible for leadership in the areas of operations, administrative functions and collaboration with clinical programs. The Manager is also responsible for the development of programs and program evaluation; research activities and evidence based practices; facilitating education programs and performing other duties consistent with the classification, as delegated by the Director of Allied Health. The Manager promotes a culture of continuous improvement and helps to generate innovative ideas within Allied Health.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Takes a lead role in planning and setting program direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives
- Takes a lead role in the development of departmental programs, policies, procedures and quality plans for the Allied Health Department
- Takes a lead role in the installation, interfacing and testing of Orthotic medical devices during the pre-operation and service activation phase(s)
- Takes a lead role in the review of and gives expert advice on CIS build and implementation as well as identifying system and process deficiencies and recommending solutions which are effective to meet clinical and functional requirements
- Takes a lead role in the ordering of all consumables, medical equipment and accessories necessary for the provision of services
- Participates in commissioning activities as required
- Takes a lead role in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of staff as required
- Integrates ethical and cultural considerations and processes in all areas of planning
- Supervises staff therapists within the areas of service, education and research to facilitate best possible patient care
- Conducts regular performance appraisals of staff therapists in keeping with Human Resources policies and procedures; recommends promotions, disciplinary action or termination of employment as appropriate
- Maintains effective communication with therapy and inter-professional staff in program organization and patient care
- Organizes and leads regular staff meetings
- Meets regularly with the Director - Allied Health reporting activities of the department and programs
- Oversees on-boarding process and liaises with Human Resources
- Orients new staff to Orthotic services, and Department Policies and Programs
- Master's degree in Orthotics or in Business Administration
- 7 years of relevant experience including 3 years of progressive management experience
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate and timely reports
- Experience with Clinical Information Systems either as an end user, super user or build contributor
- Current Registration and Licensure in Country of Origin
- Demonstrated ability to use search engines and databases for evidence-based practice/ internet research
A full job description available upon request.
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Orthotics